Menlo Park Chorus
Spring Semester 2019 Syllabus
Welcome to the MP Chorus! We are a friendly group committed to learning and performing music for the community.
MEETING DAY/TIME: Tuesday evenings, 7:15 to 9:45 P.M.
LOCATION: We meet in the City of Menlo Park's Arrillaga Family Recreation Center, located near the City Hall, 701 Laurel Street, Menlo Park.
FEES: Please pay by the third session of the term.
Class Registration: $96 for Menlo Park residents; non-residents $128.
▽ Register at the front desk of the Arrillaga Family Recreation Center. Write a check to “City of Menlo Park” or pay by credit card.
▽ Even easier: register online at www.menlopark.org
Materials/Pianist fee: $50; Check (make out to MP Chorus) or cash; give to Susan Chait
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE (WILL BE UPDATED AFTER FIRST REHEARSAL):
Rehearsals begin Tuesday, January 8 and meet weekly from 7:15-9:45 P.M.
Dress Rehearsal at Bethany Lutheran Church: Tuesday April 30 @ 7:30 P.M.
Performance at Bethany Lutheran Church: Saturday, May 4 @ 7:30 P.M.
- Please notify us of absences; email Susan at MenloParkChorus@gmail.com
- Please refrain from talking during class except to ask questions of April or John.
- Please make every effort to attend regularly and do extra practice at home, as needed.
- Please attend sectional rehearsals, to be scheduled throughout the semester.
MP Chorus holds two performances a year, one in spring and one late in fall.
- Please check each concert date to make sure you can participate.
- If you have conflicts, please discuss it with April.
Snacks are brought on a volunteer basis to each rehearsal for our 8:30 break.
You may participate if you like, but there is no obligation to do so.
Online music: All pieces can be found at www.menloparkchorus.org/learn/practice
Section practice sessions: Held at discretion of each section (A/S/T/B), usually in second half of the quarter at a private home.
See your section leader for details:
Sopranos: Kaia Richards, email@example.com
Altos: Darlene Lazar, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tenors & Basses: Peter Robinson, email@example.com
Private Voice Lessons: April is a certified voice teacher. Lessons last 60 minutes and cost $60.